8.22.2005

People are so selfish!!!!!!!!

I apologize, I need to vent for a minute. . .

So, Hailong is our new Chinese student and he is currently living in Bay St. Louis, where most all of the students here live. He can not buy a car, because he does not have his social security number yet (usually takes a couple of months after the paperwork is filled out). So, all of the students who live in the area were asked if we could take turns driving him to and from school, until he can buy a car. There are atleast 10 students in the bay area, so everyone could drive him once every other week. . . no big deal, right. Well this e-mail asking people for help was sent out last week (monday). . .apparently I am the only student who has volunteered to give him a ride to school. I don't even think the person who sent out the e-mail is going to help. That is what pisses me off about people here. . . they are willing to get together if there is free beer involved, but they refuse to help anyone out. I personally was raised, that if someone needs help. . . you help them, so I honestly just do not understand this kind of selfishness. Where does it come from, and what makes people think they are above helping peole out. I do feel better knowing, that their bad karma will eventually come back to haunt them, and they will (with time) get what is coming to them. . . but anyway I am the only student willing to help out another student. So, needless to say I am a little pissed off and disheartened by this whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize for the rant -- thanks :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm glad you have a conscience...did i spell that right?

Maggie said...

Especially someone who is new here. What a wonderful reflection on our country...makes me wonder why people don't hate Americans more than they already do.

M said...

There must be something about grad school that makes people more self-centered than usual