8.30.2005

I KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it is official, I know absolutely nothing. The right side of Katrina's eye passed right over my house, so that means lots of wind and lots of rain and storm surge. So, as of now all that the papers and news people say that Bay St. Louis has sever flooding. But that is all that is known. One paper said "DO NOT RETURN." So I know there is flooding and not to return. What I would like to know, and cannot find out is how much flooding and if my apartment is flooded or if it is even standing. Who the Hell knows, why nobody knows. So I am in this state of uncertainty, I am assuming the worst, but my state of mind would be much better if I just knew. No matter what happened, if I knew then I could start to plan, and I could figure out what it is I will do. I am a planner, I like to know what is going on and what I am going to do about it, so not knowing kills me!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know if classes are going to start up anytime soon, I do not know when we will be allowed back to the Bay, I do not know if I am homeless or not, I do not know if I need to place a claim into State farm, I do not know. . . . . .

So, tomorrow I am heading to Myrtle Beach!! I still have a few friends there, and I think hanging out there and catching up with some old friends will really help me distract my mind.
Hopefully it will do the trick, because right now all I want to do is curl up in a ball and cry. Not because I may be homeless, but because I just do not know and there is nothing I can do about it. I hate that more than anything in the world. I would be ok if everything I owned that was left behind was washed away, and if I had no place to live, just as long as I knew that is what happened. But alas, that is not the way it is. . . The news keeps on talking about New Orleans and Alabama, but what about the state in between, you know the one called Mississippi. And when they do mention Ms (its rare), they mention biloxi, which is about 30-45 min east of where I live, so that is a world of difference when it comes to the amount of damage done.

I just don't know. . . hopefully I will be able to get some sleep --

5 comments:

Unknown said...

don't worry too much. i truly believe that everything happens for a reason and that if bad things do happen to your apartment then it will only make you stronger. But, Myrtle Beach will be lots of fun. I will be thinking of you and your house...

Unknown said...

ok so they are talking about hancock county on the radio right now cause someone at the radio station is from there and they said that the bridge to harrison county is out and the only way they can find out any damage is from the sherriff who is in hancock county, but only by radio. that's why you aren't hearing anything about hancock, cause no one knows anything right now.

Maggie said...

Good luck...with the finding information and the distraction. Enjoy Myrtle Beach!

M said...

I've heard that they showed Bay St. Louis on the local news here and it wasn't pretty. So while you are in MB you should take a trip to the mall and Bed Bath and Beyond and start planning all your new stuff.

Anonymous said...

I'm the wrong direction, but my place is always open too. This has gotta be the worst weather disaster I've ever seen. 190mph sustained is an F3 tornado, only these winds were 35 miles wide. Gimme a call if you need anything.

Seth