7.11.2005

Dennis: fin

Well Dennis spared Bay St. Louis and attacked Florida, and flooded much of Georgia. But yet again my apartment was saved, I was sort of wishing for a window to blow out and soak my desktop, my renters insurance covers my computer very well, so I could buy like 2 or 3. But alas, no broken window. . . . maybe Emily can help with that. Its only the beginning of July and we are on Emily, hurricane season lasts till October, boy its gonna be a long summer full of lots of little vacations.

However, being a refugee was great!!! I played volleyball with Amanda and some of the grad students/ one professor from the university of Louisiana, we painted pottery (I painted a dragon, hopefully he will still look good after being fired), I was shown the gay fireman (Its a Lafayette thing, a gay statue . . . very amusing), toured Lafayette, visited a tattoo/piercing parlor (Amanda needed a new ball for one of her piercing), played with a hamster (I don’t think he liked me to much, I kept disturbing his sleep and he didn’t like that), and visited a drive through daiquiri shop (ya gotta love La, pull up they give you a frozen fruity alcoholic drink complete with a straw, yah. . . raise your hand if you think they usually make it home before they begin to take a sip... that what I thought no hands. . . oh and here in the south, La and Ms, is the only place I know of where the frozen fruity alcoholic drink is a manly drink)

1 comment:

M said...

The heat makes daiquris a necessity. Somedays a cold beer just can't do the job.