7.23.2005

BAR >> JENNY (CONTINUED)

So. . . I get a phone call at 3:00 in the morning from ray. Where he is very drunk and asks me "What do you want", and then yells at me for having bothered him, and expecting him to leave the bar to come help me. He then tells me I will have to wait (which I expected, seeing as how he was drunk), and to not bother him. He then comes over at 7:00 am completely mad at me, without the thing for my knee, puts a bag of ice on my knee and shortly after leaves. So, there I am stuck on the couch where I have been all night, now with ice on my knee. Still unable to walk without my knee giving out. He leaves, so I call him, and he says "Well what do you want" and yet again inform him that my knee brace is at his place or in his car and I need it. He then starts to raise his voice and go one about how I guilt trip him into things and how that's why he doesn't want to be around me. So apparently calling someone saying I need help is a guilt trip.

4:00pm rolls around, mind you, I am still on the couch, have not eaten since my 3:00 snack the day before, and still can not get off of the couch. So, I call him again. Where this time, he is finishing up is grocery shopping and tells me I need to be patient and wait. I inform him that its 4:00 in the afternoon and I still haven't eaten or gotten up off of the couch. He says "why didn't you tell me you needed something', I personally thought I had accomplished that when I called him earlier in the day, and when I called him the night before. But apparently English is not understood. So he finally ~4:30pm rolls around and he shows up with a new knee brace (apparently he couldn't find the other one). He then asks me what I want to eat, and I say "I don't know", which is pretty much always the case. He then yells at me telling me that he was trying to do something nice and make me something to eat, and how I am just being mean and I guilt him into things and then he storms off.

I then call him to say thank you for bringing me my knee brace and basically get yelled at. He tells me how I guilt him into doing things and that he doesn't want to hang out because I make him feel bad . . . I tell him that he is the one who wanted to be friends and has been trying to be friends. I then tell him that if a friend of mine needed help with something, especially something like this, I would have stopped drinking at the bar last night sobered up and gone and helped them vs. waiting till 4:00pm the next day. He then says that I shouldn't make him feel bad for not wanting to leave the bar and how he is tired of the way I make him feel.

So from this. . . yet again I surmise that he considers the bar and drinking at the bar to be more important than helping me out when I need it. Its not like I just wanted him to come hang out, I needed help and unfortunately he is the only one who could have helped me. I hate that, but that is just the way it is, there is nothing I can do about it.

So, here I am, alone in Mississippi, I have friends but not a one in Mississippi, it kind of makes it hard. Basically after I am done with work at school (which I love), I go home and that's it. And at school, other than passing people in the hall (only pass a few), no one talks to me anymore, and I am purposely left out of group things. Life SUCKS right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maaaaan, you should come to New Mexico! Really, it's a state, it's not part of Mexico. Everyone is friendly here. And they have good Mexican food. I was in wally world the other day and this old lady smiled and said "how do you do!" I checked to make sure I still had my wallet, nobody's that friendly! I'm not used to hospitality. Plus I like the food.

-Seth

M said...

Welcome to my world. Just try to make friends with new students who are going to be looking for cool chicas like yourself to hang out with.

Want me to bring you a walker so you can walk around like the 83 year old you are? ;)

JIK said...

Hey, I'm not 83, im not a day older than 73 thank you!! :)

M said...

Sorry, I must have been confusing you with Maggie (but she's 9 mentally)

D said...

Yes Jenny's world sounds very similar to Amanda's. But if I were you Jenny, which I am not, I would never talk to that kid again- for SOOO many reasons.