11.28.2005

gobble gobble






so turkey day was good. It was supposed to be john's thanksgiving, he was gonna cook for me and his parents (they came down from Virginia), but of course I am incapable of keeping my nose out of things, so I ended up doing a good bit of the cooking, which I like to do anyway so it was great. Dinner consisted of turkey, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese (the baked kind not from a box), green bean casserole, yams with colored marshmallows on top :), cranberries from a can, and a pumpkin pie. (Amanda if you would like I can give you mashed potato lessons for next turkey day :)).

I meet johns parents and his grandmother, so that was good. Apparently they liked me, or so john said, cause his dad spoke highly of me. Its funny meeting someone's parents, it really helps you to understand a person much better. Its funny kids either turn out to be just like their parents (like john and his dad) or the antithesis of their parents (like Amanda and her republican mom). I don't know, I guess I am a mix, in some ways I am just like my mother and in other ways I am the antithesis. Oh well.

so its back to school for me, no more running away until xmas. So its time to work on my prospectus, seeing as how the entire thing looks to be changing again :) and to start collecting data and figuring stuff out for the talk I am giving at the Mississippi academy of science meeting in Feb.

1 comment:

M said...

I don't think my mashed potato making skills can be helped, mainly because they're non-existant