9.02.2005

Update

Hey. . . so it looks as if I am going to be staying in myrtle beach for a little while. . . I can work for bath and bodyworks again (I worked there during undergrad) and I am sure if I ask Scott or Erik one of them would have some work that I can do... So it looks like I am in myrtle beach for a while, sorry Amanda ;). . . I heard from Charlotte today (my advisor) and it appears all who stayed at stennis are safe. . . the roof had a leak but it was fixed and they had water and electric, however FEMA has taken all of the diesel so the generator will not beable to run past tonight, so they are all leaving stennis for elsewhere. Charlotte says she has no idea about school and what is gonna happen. . . she is heading to Old Miss (Oxford Mississippi) for a week, and then if it appears that things are not better by then then Allan (her husband) and Charlotte will be going to san Diego (allan's family lives there). . . so . . . who knows. . .

with new orleans continuing to worsen and people still being trapped there, all aid and crews are being sent there, so no one is working on the Mississippi coast, so it may be a long time before we can go back... Some have even suggested Feb. . .but who knows. . . no one knows. . .

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Sounds like things are starting to calm down for you. I'm glad to hear it.