4.01.2006

YOU

As I lie here in bed, eyes closed I feel this deep sadness.
I want you here with me, to smell you, hear you and feel your embrace.
But when my eyes are open all I see emptiness.
I see this hole in my life and I feel as if it will always remain.

You talk and say you have changed, I just don't know.
How am I to know this isn't some elaborate game?
Where I am the helpless little pawn
And you are the great chess master.

You said in the beginning, you only said what I wanted to hear.
How am I to know this isn't the same thing.
You could just be feeding me the right words,
In order to get what you desire.

There are times when I feel like I am the fall back.
I am just a friend where there is another interest,
As soon as she's gone then I am the one...
I feel so used and confused.

I just don't know what to do.
I love you so much but all say get away
I wish this were easier
I wish I knew what to do.

No comments: